Friday, April 8, 2011

Curry Chicken Salad

I had a delicious curry chicken salad sandwich from a little restaurant at the base of the Golden Gate bridge last year. I have been wanting to attempt to make one of my own ever since...

I tried this recipe:

2 pounds chicken
olive oil
kosher salt
pepper
1.5 mayo
1/3 cup white wine
1/4 cup chutney
3 TBSP curry powder
1 cup diced celery
1/4 cup chopped scallions
1/4 cup raisins
1 cup whole roasted cashews

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put chicken on a pan and rub skin with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 35-40 min, until chicken is just cooked. Cut chicken into small/medium pieces.

For the dressing, combine mayo, wine, chutney, curry, and 1.5 tsp of salt into a bowl of a food processor (I used a blender, because I don't have a food processor). Blend till smooth.

Combine all ingredients. Add celery, scallions, and raisins. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow flavors to blend. Then add cachews.


I served it on sliced of the No Knead Bread.

I really enjoyed it, but it did have too much curry. Next time I'll only put 1.5 TBSP of it. I'm a big fan of chicken salad and I LOVE cashews, so I rated it higher than the rest of the family.

My rating: 6
My family's rating: Average 3
Calories: 3,487 in the whole thing
Carbohydrates: 222 in the whole thing.

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I want to try this one...without the raisins. Thank you for your comment...you may want to add less curry than called for and add more to taste. Have a great day, Becky!

    ReplyDelete